Heated clothing has gradually become more and more necessary in people's daily lives. A lot of people say that the battery stops working after about a year. Someone think that the battery is of poor quality. However, the appropriate procedure for battery maintenance is often overlooked. In this blog, we will tell you how to correctly use and maintain your battery, prolonging its service life.
Most heated jackets are powered on by power banks. Typically, a heated jacket has a pocket to store a battery pack. When plugging the battery into the cable port, the heating elements sewn into the fabric are activated to generated heat. These heating elements are often made of carbon fiber, which placed in chest, back, pockets, collar, or other areas. Also, most heated jackets are designed with 3 adjustable heating settings. When pressing the power button, the jacket can flash with light to indicate its working conditions.
How to Charge the Battery Pack?
When charging, it only needs to disconnect the power bank with the heated apparel and plug the battery into a specially designated battery. Some heated jackets require specific power banks with DC port and some use USB ports. Also, it’s advisable to charge the power bank every three months (even if you don’t use the heated apparel) to extend the battery lifespan and maintain the performance.
We usually use heated apparel in cold weather. We know the battery is easy to break if it is not used for a long time. So how to maintain the power bank? Please pay attention to the following points:
- For initial use, it is necessary to fully charge the battery.
- Stop charging after it fully charges.
- Use the original charger of power bank as possible.
- Don't connect any devices during charging.
- Charge and discharge the mobile power supply every 3 months to extend its service life.
- Do not throw, knock or vibrate the power bank.
- Charge and store it in a cool and dry environment.
- When disconnecting or changing the power bank outdoors, it is important to avoid exposure to water and fire hazards.
- When you fly with a heated jacket, please turn off the battery and take it on carry-on baggage.
Heated clothing is a must-have on cold days to keep warm and it is easy to use. Even though the Venustas heated apparel is safe enough, it will be safer if you could follow the heated apparel battery instructions.
Join our Group on Facebook to get more discount information on Venustas.
Read Venustas heated jacket manual: