“Yeah, it’s a heated jacket I bought last year for my mom, and she likes it very much. But what out of her expectation is this jacket cannot generate heat when she plans to wear it this winter.”
Heated jackets have become increasingly popular for those who work outside in cold temperatures or participate in outdoor activities during the winter season. However, some users may experience issues with their heated jackets not charging properly. In this troubleshooting guide, we will discuss common symptoms and potential reasons for a heated jacket not charging, as well as provide tips for resolving the issue.
Normally, a heated jacket not charging with some symptoms could be classified into two kinds. One is the apparel issues, the other is battery issues.
- The press button cannot flash in red/white/blue light with a fully charged battery, even if you press it for long seconds.
- The press button flashes in red light when a fully charged battery connects to the jacket, but it cannot flash when you press the button for 3-4 seconds.
- Battery LCD shows 0 when a fully charged battery connects to the jacket. But the battery can charge the mobile phone.
- Loose wire connection on the heated jacket to make the apparel out of work.
- The battery needs to take more than one day to fully charge.
- The battery cannot be charged, and even cannot power the heated jacket and mobile phone.
- A fully-charge battery remains lower power after one hour of using a heated jacket on low level, and the apparel could not turn on.
What causes a heated jacket not turning on has a lot of reasons. Here we conclude some common reasons.
Some manufacturers may pay less attention to detailed design on heated jackets, which brings users terrible experiences. On the other side, it would cause some troubleshooting if users cannot follow the apparel user manual. For example, some users don’t charge the battery regularly.
Normally, the weather or temperature would degrade the use of a heated jacket. For example, the extremely cold temperature would affect the working of the battery. And wet weather, like rainy days, maybe damage the battery or heating elements.
It’s simple to make a diagnosis and solve the issue of heated jackets not charging.
Firstly, check to see if the battery is fully charged. If it is, the next step is to check whether the battery port is correctly inserted into the cable on the heated jacket. Sometimes the USB port may have some defects to cause loose wire and make the heated jacket not turning on.
Secondly, if the battery with full power and a normal USB port, please re-plug the battery to the heated jacket and see if the press button flash. If it’s still not working, we suggest you could charge your mobile phone with the battery to find the cause. If it can normally charge the battery, there may be something wrong with the apparel. Instead, it could be the battery issue. Or it’s a good try to use an extra battery (if you have one).
Lastly, if the above steps cannot fix the issue, t may be time to contact the manufacturer or retailer for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting tips or suggest repair or replacement options.
All in all, a heated jacket not charging can be a frustrating issue to deal with, but it is often easily resolved with a few simple troubleshooting steps. Please follow this troubleshooting guide to get you out of the problems. And don’t forget to keep the heated jacket instructions in mind to ensure optimal performance.
Join our Group on Facebook to get more discount information on Venustas.
Read Venustas heated jacket manual: