2021 U.S. Winter Outlook
U.S. Winter Condition: Drier South, wetter North with return of La Nina
According to NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, above-average temperatures are favored across the South and most of the eastern U.S. as La Nina climate conditions have emerged for the second winter in a row. In the 2021 US Winter Outlook, wetter-than-average conditions are anticipated across the Northern US, mainly in the Pacific Northwest, northern Rockies, Great Lakes, Ohio Valley, and western Alaska.
“Consistent with typical La Nina conditions during winter months, we anticipate below-normal temperatures along portions of the northern tier of the U.S. while much of the South experience above-normal temperatures,” said Jon Gottschalck, chief, Operational Prediction Branch, NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center. “The Southwest will certainly remain a region of concern as we anticipate below-normal precipitation where drought conditions continue in most areas.”
- warmer-than-average conditions are most likely across the Southern tier of the U.S. and much of the Eastern U.S., with the greatest likelihood of above-average temperature in the Southeast.
- Below-average temperatures are favored for southeast Alaska and the Pacific Northwest eastward to the northern Plains.
- The Upper Mississippi Valley and small Great Lakes areas have equal chances for below-, near- or above-average temperatures.
- The Pacific Northwest, northern Rockies, Great Lakes, and parts of the Ohio Valley and western Alaska have the most excellent chances for wetter-than-average conditions.
- Drier-than-average conditions are favored in south-central Alaska, southern California, the Southwest, and the Southeast.
- The remainder of the U.S. forecast shows equal chances for below-, near- or above-average precipitation during winter months.
- Widespread severe to exceptional drought dominates the western half of the continental U.S., Northern Plains, and the Missouri River Basin.
- Drought conditions are forecast to persist and develop in the Southwest and Southern Plains.
- The Pacific Northwest, northern California, the upper Midwest, and Hawaii are likely to experience drought improvement.
Cold-weather Outfits Recommendation (2021 New Arrivals)
1. Venustas Heated Jacket for Unisex with Heating Areas Control Button
Want to heat specific area, like your back or front body only? This heated jacket for men & women comes with a brand new dual-control button! With the double switch, you can warm your back and front body separately or together.
2. Venustas Pullover Heated Hoodie for Unisex with Heating Pockets
This heated pullover hoodie is a truly all-season heat up hoodie. It adopts graphene as heating material, which ensures better heat conductivity. Pullover design makes it easy to wear and a perfect pick in a hurry. This is a simply-designed women’s & mens heated hoodie. It can be versatile for staying home, outdoor sports, hanging out etc.
3. Venustas Men’s Heated Down Vest 7.4V With Detachable Hood
Get your closet ready with the brand new heated vest this winter! Upgraded with graphene, this heated vest for men has an incredible heating performance. An all-new design with a detachable hood can prevent your head and ears from the cold wind.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Join our Group on Facebook to get more discount information on Venustas.
Read Venustas heated jacket manual:
Leave a comment